Saturday, September 17, 2011

Second Group Training Day


Before I start telling you about my second group training day, I need to make an addition to my first group training post.  See, Cassie took this picture of Sandra and I on our first day.  She may be mad because I posted it again in public, but I'm ok with it. 

My Running Buddy, Sandra, and I at the beginning of our becoming runner's journey 

My body is hidden in Rob's clothes.  Sorry, Sandra, but this is my blog and I am allowed only to post things that aren't too humiliating for me.  <grin> 

So, on to this morning.  I lived again!!  Actually, it was easier today than it was last week.  I also wasn't so scared, and I liked that.  Sandra has been moved into my group, and we think she injured her groin muscle.  (Pray for quick healing, and I wont mention her groin anymore... today).  We also have moved to 5 minute warm up walk, Run 1 minute, walk 2 minutes, lather, rinse, repeat 10 times (instead of 8).  During my 2 run/walk homework assignments this week, I found out I'm not as sore as I thought I would be.  Its going well..... until I started thinking.

I'm a thinker.  Thats what I do.  And you put me somewhere, doing something that doesn't require thought, and I start thinking about other things.  Three quarters of the way through, I started remembering my family and both the ex and the current husbands laughing at me when ever I ran.  Even my kids laugh at me.  So, I'm looking at everyone around me, and a few of them look pretty darn silly, too.  So I fit in.  So I'm fine.  Walk 2 minutes.  All is good.  Start running again and it starts again.  "Yes, but when you run in the Boilermaker with your sister, your family will probably be there to cheer you on......  and they will point and laugh"  Crap.  I know I'm right about this...even though they'll say "Oh, no we wont!!" 

I can't see myself when I run.  I wish I could, or maybe its good I can't.  It could go either way.  I feel that my posture is good, elbows are bent, arms aren't flailing around with my finger's in princess mode....  Do I look like a runner?  I'm starting to feel like a runner, but I dont know if its enough.  Ok.  If all goes well, I won't have to worry about this for another 10 months.  So, now that I said it out loud, I can put it away and not think about it.... for a few hours, at least!! 

Oh, and Sandra?  I will humiliate myself now, just for you. 
Me & Cassie's Balloon Flower Hat at WienerFest

Hmmm...  and I'm worried about people laughing at my running technique?  Re-looking at this picture of me, I think I'm realizing that there will always be SOMETHING I do that my family will laugh at me for, and maybe thats not such a bad thing.

1 comment:

  1. Oh fret not dear sister...http://ithoughttheysaidrum.blogspot.com/2011/09/movie-monday-xxv.html

    And Sandra...be careful with the ice ;-)

    ReplyDelete