Sunday, February 26, 2012

Amy's Slumber Party!

My evening away from home was a success on all accounts.  I got away for an Autism-free 18 hours, and nobody died!  Yes, there was a stressful moment when Pitman dropped me off at the hotel, when Cassie started crying and Rob looked as though he'd never see me again.  I tried to explain I was NOT going to Europe for a month....  I was staying in this hotel for 18 hours.  Robert was nice enough to holler out the window "Try to have fun!!"  A woman was standing there started to laugh saying "Yeah, like THAT will be a problem!!!"  Some people just do NOT understand what I go through.  But I did manage to have a blast!  There were a few times I became annoyed, I wont lie.  I knew I had to call home between 8 & 9 o'clock to say good night to Cassie.  I figured closer to 9 (bedtime) would be best, but I guess I was wrong.  At 8:10 I received a text asking if I was going to call my daughter.  <sigh>  So I did.  Then there was a time around 10ish when Pitman decided to remind me I wasn't home and he really missed me in a marriage kind of way.  I ignored it.  I think he expected that.

What did I do for 18 hours away from home?  I drank.  Please don't think I'm an alcoholic party animal.  I usually only do that a few times a year.  But I do enjoy a good margarita, or 20....  and its not everyday you can participate in jello shots!  Especially when you are the mom of Cassie, who feels mom's shouldn't drink alcohol and get a little silly.  I also laughed.  Yes, I laugh at home, but its nice to laugh at your friends humping each other instead of laughing at your dogs humping each other.  Oh, and I found out its funnier when you friends hump YOU than when your dog humps your leg.

I also got my hair cut and my eye brows waxed.  Yes, I can do that anytime, but there is something quite cool about getting your eye brows waxed at 11pm, after a margarita, or 20.  Do you know it hurts less that way?  Oh, and you really don't know what you look like until morning?  (I have less eye brows now than at anytime in my life.)  I also did something I never thought I would do.....  I got fake eyelashes!!!  I didn't realize how much I missed my eyelashes until I saw the fake ones.  Screw Botox, eye lashes take YEARS off your face!!!

So, it was a completely successful evening for all involved.  But they were ready for Mom to come home.  How do I know this?  Because I called Rob and told him to pick me up at 10am.  He showed at 9:25.  And Cassie has informed me that it was ok, it wasn't so bad, it was successful, and I can do it again.... as long as its another hotel 5 minutes from the house.  And its winter so they can drop me off.  She doesn't trust me not to go farther away if I'm in my own car!  <sigh>  Yep, they lived, but I guess we still haven't cured Separation Anxiety.

No comments:

Post a Comment