Saturday, February 25, 2012

Its gonna be a LONG day!!

Good morning, my people! 

I would like to go on record as saying I hate all domestic animals, except Roscoe, who feel I need to be up at 4:00 A-freakin'-M on a Saturday morning.  Especially on a day like today.  What is today, you ask?  Well, I will tell you.  Today I am going to a hotel to spend an evening of fun with a bunch of women.  It is called "Amy's Slumber Party".  (for more information, here is the link:  http://www.93q.com/Article.asp?id=1042253)  I have never done this, but I am going with high expectations. 

I know that I will be going with two of my friends, Jenn & Jess.  These are two of the sexiest women I've ever met.  And sweet.  So totally sweet that every time I leave their presence I have 2 new cavities.  They are also known for their hard-partying, but Jenn is with child, so it will be a little calmer than normal.  These are also the girls who, along with My Mo, who cannot attend due to a recent surgery, who introduced me to mani-pedis.  They are truly a bad influence on Pitman's checkbook.  I also know that I will be meeting a bunch of their friends, and we all know how much I like meeting new people.  To say I'm nervous is an understatement.  Besides, I'm 44 years old and the last time I had a "sleepover" with a girlfriend was my 19th birthday party.  I remember this because I drank a 5th of peppermint schnaps, made a speech from the hood of my car, and passed out at my friend CJ's house about 10pm.  That was also the last time I got "completely shit faced". 

I think its a good thing to note that because of my impending evening away from home, the Autism Monster is reigning high here at the Pitman house.  But we are fighting through it.  Robert really surprised me the other night when he said he was "scared" about tonight, but no matter what, he was going to make sure I went.  So, there you have it.  I will let you all know how it went, including the calls and texts from home I'm sure I'll get.  After all, separation anxiety is something they will be dealing with.....  until 9pm when Cassie goes to bed and the SU game comes on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment