Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Fear and Loathing in Liverpool

Some things just don't happen in our household.  One of those things is Mom getting sick.  Yes, I get sinus problems, I have irritable bowel, and a few other things.  But I do not get fevers and I sure as hell do not vomit. Why?  I dont know.  The first is my being a freak of nature, and the second one is choice.  I do not like it, there fore I do not do it.  Until yesterday when I did both.  There is a nasty stomach bug going around, and it landed right on me.  I really don't remember a lot about yesterday, so a lot of the stuff I will be telling is second hand knowledge, given to me by my favorite ASDers, Rob & Cassie.  

This is NOT Cassie..... she wouldn't be
caught dead being that close to me!!
We moved the Wii into Cassie's room on Sunday so she could watch her stuff and Rob could have the TV for sports.  Thank God we didn't move it back down, so Cassie was safely enclosed in her room all day.  Safely, because apparently our little girl is a germophobe when it comes to stomach bugs.  I do remember Rob coming home, and I saw Cassie at the top of the stairs, looking at me with wide eyes, which I could see over her white doctor's mask.  She was wearing her coat.  This confused me until Rob told me she was waiting on the step for him to come home.  She handed him a tissue and said "You better put this over your face so you don't get it, too."

Cassie called Rob 3 times yesterday.  One in the morning to tell him I was sick and he needed to come home.  Rob said he'd be happier staying away from me right now, because he didn't want to get it.  He told me that when I texted him I was sick.  I dont know if he told Cassie that.  Cassie then calls him later and asks him to pick up some Febreeze, because the downstairs STUNK!!!  Rob said he'd do one better and get some Lysol to kill the germs.  Then she called him again and asked if he was coming home yet, and he said he just pulled into RiteAid to get the Lysol.  Upon his entry into the house (I'm not sure if he was wearing his tissue or not) Robert proceeded to spray the house, especially the downstairs, with Lysol.  I'm not sure, but I think he sprayed me, too, but I was too weak to protest.  Then he got me some ice water, and Cassie got a hold of the Lysol and proceeded to get everything Daddy missed, like my computer, my glasses, my nap blanket, the sofa, etc.  She wanted Daddy to get my pillow cases, but he wouldn't.  She wouldn't, because then she'd have to go downstairs into the den of germs!

Rob then did something that fully amazed me.  He made Cassie and himself dinner!!  He even attempted to boil eggs for Cassie's salad, found out the egg is supposed to boil in the water for 10 minutes, and he only wasted one egg finding that out!!  He also cooked up some bacon for the salad, and that was the only time Roscoe left me the whole day.  I guess bacon trumps sick Mommy.

So, it was touch and go there for a while, but I'm now certain I will live.  Cassie has been scarred for life.  And Rob has a new cooking talent.  When I'm completely back on my feet, I will have to do something nice for  Rob and Cassie.  They were a couple of real troopers, and I'm so proud of them for dealing with this with absolutely no help from me!!!  I just hope the Lysol and masks worked, because I'm far too weak to deal with them getting it right now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment