Wednesday, February 29, 2012

On the Mend Musings...

Sven.  <sigh>
So, first of all I'd like to thank everyone for their many get well wishes.  I'm over run with warm fuzzies, flower, cards, etc.  My favorite get well gift from someone who will remain anonymous would be Sven.  When a woman is so sick she can't move and can only nap, dreaming Mr. Clean will come to her house to take care of her while her mommy makes her chicken soup, Sven is a nice addition.  But it got me to thinking.  Is it easier for someone like Sven, who has stomach muscles, to puke up his intestines than say, well, me, who THOUGHT she had a stomach muscle once but realized it was just a gas bubble?  Robert says no.  But then again, I'm not sure Pitman has any clue how a six pack works since he decided he isn't really a beer guy.

I did do something yesterday, besides take two naps that really confused Marley (who kept saying "But we DID this already!!!  Are you SURE its not playtime instead?!?).  Cassie and I packed up all her stuffed animals into 2 garbage bags for the move.  I found out that she is NOT real good at holding open a garbage bag while I peg stuffed animals at her.  I also found out that she things its a riot when Mom pegs stuffed animals at her.  Since Cassie is in the pre-adolescent era of her life, and there will be times I need to get her into a good mood, I will file this information in the back of my mind for future use.  I'm certain when she comes home from a typical day in High School, all sorts of pmsing and moody and upset because her crush just asked her best friend out for a sody-pop, all I will need to do is peg stuffed animals at her!!  That will turn her frown upside down and give Mommy a great big smile, a hearty laugh, and a warm "I love you, Mom!!!  You are the BEST!!!"  (oh, and I'm sure you believe that, because you also bought the Sven story....)

I haven't stepped on the scale yet, but yesterday morning I had lost 7 pounds.  Not too bad, if you ask me.  I'm just glad there is an upside to being deathly ill.  So, I'm pushing fluids, eating lightly, and don't think I've gotten rehydrated yet.  I'm not sure that is possible.  See, at my age you enter Menopause.  Yeah, I know... poor Pitman, boo-freakin'-hoo.  He has one just entering PMS stage and another entering Menopause.  Trust me.  He deserves this.  But I digress.  About menopause.  You get to do this really cool thing where you don't have to work out, but you manage to work up a sweat while you sleep that rivals any pro-sports player I've ever seen.  So I'm certain last night alone I lost another 15 pounds of water weight.  And I'll lose another 5 pounds from the activity of stripping, washing, and remaking the bed with clean sheets.  Oh yeah, good times.

So, I'm not 100%, but I'm good enough to get some work done.  I need to be ready when they finally call and give us a closing date.  I'm certain they'll call today and we'll be closing on Friday and moving in on Saturday!!!!!  I'm sure Sven will come help with the move, too!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment