Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Loss of This Year's Mother's Day Gift

I just caused another reason why I wont win Mother of the Year. See, I didn't pay the phone bill, which has our TV bundled with it. They turned off only a few channels, but they were CASSIE'S channels... oh, and Rob's too, but he wasn't home when this was found out. The TV is very important to those two. Since its off all day, I didn't notice. AND I didn't realize how important it was until Cassie ran outside absolutely hysterical. I thought she found a dead body, for crying out loud!! Well, I paid them and left Robert specific instructions on how to get the TV turned back on (I knew he'd do it because HIS shows were also affected) because we had to get to Paul's.  


Paul, in case you were wondering, is our Autism Consultant.  He's a great guy and really helps us figure things out.  He's also an awesome advocate.  I will never walk into another CSE meeting alone!!  Paul is also one of Cassie's least favorite people.  See, Paul will challenge her.  Its ok if Mom challenges her, probably because I have legal rights to hit her and take away things, like the TV.  Paul just has no right to ask her these questins that make her uncomfortable.  And when she acts up, he doesn't care.  He doesn't get mad.  Even when she chucks a lego at him!  ANYWAY,  she was so upset about the TV, she didn't want to be in the house at all, and actually WANTED to go to Paul's. There was no fight at all to get her in the car!  Once again Paul was mean to her, and then had the gall to beat us in Scrabble.  HOWEVER, instead of throwing the board at him like when she lost "Trouble", she asked me if I wanted her to throw the board at him, and then didn't when I said no!!  I LOVE progress!!!!


When we started off for home, she immediately called Daddy to say we are on our way home AND "Are my shows working yet?" The answer was "yes" and all is good in the world. I'm hoping she has forgiven me for my little slip up!!! I was really hoping for a Mother's Day present this year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment