Thursday, May 24, 2012

Silence is NOT Consent

I have been silent for too long.  There are a lot of reasons for that.  Its not that life is too busy or too wonderful to keep me from blogging.  Its just I'm not comfortable going off on a bunch of issues that would actually be perfect blogging material.  Some issues are my own fault, some are the faults of others, and some have faults of unknown origins.  See, if I want to vent about my failure to quit smoking, my Mom will be ticked.  If I vent about my lack of sexual desire, well, many people would think that was TMI.  If I bitched about the crap my Ex & his wife are pulling, my kids would see and I would be blamed for disrespecting him.  If I complained about loss of what income I was making, I would not only feel bad because I know there are so many worse off than myself, but I also would be a hypocrite because its something I should have known would happen and I didn't "protect" myself.  But, I cant do this anymore.  I have to stop.  This is MY blog, and what I write is what I feel or am going through.  I have worried far too long about upsetting others and not enough about upsetting myself.

The other night, I got seduced.  I so wanted to blog about it, but I was afraid of offending some with too much information.  I was afraid of embarrassing my children and my mother.  I was afraid of causing problems with my husband.  But, it struck me as funny, so screw it.  I will tell you about it.  Please remember I'm now a homeschooling mother.  So, I spent the day teaching Cassie..  ummm.... stuff,  cleaning up pet messes, general housework, ect.  Plus I had the awesome opportunity to remove a live mouse from my kitchen sink while Cassie was crying and screaming hysterically that she hated Daddy because he wouldn't come take care of it.  Even though I got rid of this annoyance, I didn't get the credit I was due.  So, by the time 8:30-9:00 came around, I was looking forward to some down time and then it happened.

I got seduced.

It was so...  I dont know what the word is.  Amazing?  no, thats not it.  Incredible?  no, thats not it.  Incredulous?  Thats closer....  It was 9:00 and I was playing Words with Friends and Pitman was watching something on TV when he looks over at me and says "At the risk of pissing you off, wanna go to bed at 9:30 instead of 10?"  See?  Romance ISN'T DEAD!!!!  Just my sex drive.  And there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment