Friday, May 25, 2012

Its Not Just Me.

Many people have made comments about how funny my blog is.  Well, I'm not a comedian.  Comedians will tell you they get their material from true life experiences.  And its true.  Funny is all around us.  You just need to realize it.  In my life I've noticed I have two choices.  I can laugh or I can cry.  I have found that laughing is easier on my body than crying.  Well, most of my body.  As I've gotten older, I've noticed that my bladder feels something must leak fluid, and if my eyes aren't doing it, well....  enough said.  But the point I want to make is that funny happens all around us.  Many times its not us being funny, its those around us.  Its important, though, to know when to point out their hilarity and when to remain silent.... until the next day.  I state this because if your kid is hollering at you for a stupid reason, and they are all worked up and their life is about to end because they have a pimple....  it may not be the time to stare and say "At what point do I get to use it as a tax deduction?"  Or, as my mother would do, push on it and say "Wow, that looks like it hurts".

Most of the time its easier just to play along.  Its like that with most kid-issues anyways.  The other day Steve texts me and says "So, what do we think about Masters Degrees?"  There is a TON I could have said.  I knew what he was REALLY saying, and I didn't want to "interfere" with his life decisions.  So I responded "Well, I've always wanted one."

But yesterday LeeAnne texts me and says "My car is broken, there's a HUGE spider in it.  I need a new car."  Well, this IS her new car.  The last car she had she scrapped and forgot to get the license plates off of it.  Trying to get that one off the insurance was a trip.  But I worked miracles... ok, God did, he gave me a DMV employee who wasn't PMSing that day... and we got the non-existent plates returned.  As a good mother, I needed to make sure she learned from her mistakes, so I replied, "Shit!!  Try to get close enough to take the plates off of it this time."  She needed to let me know that I wasn't understanding her plight.  "But its the size of a quarter!  WITH BANDS AROUND ITS LEGS.  IT CAME OUT OF THE MAILBOX! WAHHHHHHHH"  Wow.  I didn't realize what we were dealing with.  I feel like such a bad mommy at this point.  My baby's car has been invaded by a mutant spider, with BANDS!!!  A Mailbox Hardcore Rockin' Spider!!!  When I recount the conversation to Rob, he says "If you can get rid of a live mouse in your sink, she should be able to deal with a little spider."  Rob doesn't get it.  I did, though.  Realizing my mothering mistake, I decide to give her better mothering advice.  "Screw the license plates...  RUN!!!!!"   From my last trip to the DMV to report plates lost or stolen, they told me I needed a police report.  I hope that I can find a cop who, one, isn't PMSing and, two, is a mother.  That's the only way we'll be able to get the report.  I hope that spider enjoys the car, because I'm certain LeeAnne will NOT be getting back in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment