Sunday, June 17, 2012

You wont find what you are looking for here....

I know I need to blog.  Sometimes its more of a chore than a joy though.  See, I've spent all weekend alone, as Rob took Cassie to the "Lake House" for the weekend.  I can't post any pictures of it, as I do not have any.  Its a cute log cabin in Indian Lake that his parents own.  Its a Pitman thing, I guess, and even though I've been a Pitman for as long as I was a Richards, I don't fit in.  But, I'm not here to whine about that.  I'm here to whine about other things.  For instance, why is it when I'm all alone, I still get nothing done?  I feel like I've wasted my whole weekend alone.

But mostly what I want to whine about it the fact that I feel I can not say what I really feel because if people's feelings.  I really wish I could be one of those people who didn't care about hurting others.  Do you realize how easy life would be if I could just blurt out any old thing I wanted to?  I probably wouldn't have the heartburn that has been plaguing me lately.  Hell, have you ever heard of cottage cheese giving someone heartburn?  Actually, I'm thinking its all these pregnant women around me that is causing it.  I do have sympathy pains for everyone I come in contact with.

That's another thing.  Why do I feel the pain of others?  Why on earth can't I just go through life all "La de da de da" and not give a flying Flip Wilson about others?  Instead I get to worry about their feelings AND I get to feel their emotional and, sometimes, physical pain.  As if MINE weren't enough?

So, my weekend of seclusion and quiet was short visited.  It was nice that Cassie was able to call and not cry once.  That makes me feel good.  I keep thinking if it goes well, they'll go more often.  I'm an awful person and everyone needs to realize this.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'll get right on that. Most selfish person I know, yup...that'd be you.

    Hahaha. Yeah...all the selfish people I know decide that homeschooling is the easiest path to follow. ;)

    You're too hard on yourself, as we all are.

    ReplyDelete