Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Can you believe this crap?

This wasn't what I got, but very close.
Mine was creamier.
I go away for the afternoon, for another Christmas Tree Shop adventure with my Mom, Gert, and Cassie.  Awesome lunch, by the way...  I had a Crab Macaroni and Cheese!!!  mmmmmm  But I get home and all hell breaks loose.

See, New York States says that in order to home school, you have to send a letter of intent.  Then you have to send something called an IHIP, which tells them what you will be teaching and what books you will use.  So, this woman from Pupil Personnel Services calls and says she has received these items, but Clary Middle School still has her registered as a student.  Then she goes on to say I need to call Central Registration and tell them I'm home schooling.  I laugh, but I call.  After all, didn't the letter of intent mean that I was going to home school Cassie?  After all, I stated IN the letter "I will be home schooling my child, Cassandra Pitman, for the 2012-2013 school year".  I didn't think it was rocket science.....  But, I did call.

"Oh, ok", the woman on the other line says.  "Ummm, but you need to call pupil personnel services and tell them".  So, she gave me the number, and I call.  Guess who I get?  The same woman who called ME!!!!  She told me "I told you, you needed to call....." I cut her off, with a giggle.

"I know", I tell her, "They said I had to call you."  She laughed back, asked me to hold, called them herself and straightened it all out.  Why do I doubt that its been straightened out?  Maybe its because a month and a half AFTER I pulled her out of 6th grade, Clary Middle School sent me a letter stating she'd been promoted to the 7th grade.  They sent a report card, too, that said she missed 5 days of school, and was on the Merit List.

<sigh>  You can NOT make this crap up.

No comments:

Post a Comment