Sunday, August 19, 2012

Closure Part II

Ok, that was a bald-faced lie.  See, I checked my stats and saw that yesterday's blog yielded 73 hits.  WOW!!!  That was the most I'd ever had!!  I do feel much better, since I also changed some of my Facebook Settings and don't have to feel poison flow throw my veins when certain names pop up.  Its like a weight lifted off my shoulders.  Very cathartic!

Cassie, resting peacefully,
with Rob's big foot in the picture,
Marley's fox,
and the fact I really
need to put pictures up on my wall.
But, as proof that life goes on, my Cassie decided to remind me of her presence in my hectic life.  Umm...  Cassie?  If you want attention, all you have to do is ask.  We can do without the theatrics!!  What theatrics, you ask?  Well, we went to the MOST, which is an awesome hands on science museum here in Syracuse.  It was my fault.  There were these huge stairs, at the entrance of a traffic circle, that I thought was the entrance.  So we climbed the stairs, realized it wasn't the entrance, turned to walk back down, and Cassie missed a step.  The poor little girl went down.  She hit her tailbone on the edge of a stone step, bounced, and landed on the step below, breaking her fall with her hand.  What happened next is very common in cute little Autie's with high pain thresholds... since there was no blood, she continued on with life.

She had a blast at the MOST, she had fun at our friend Ben's party afterwards, but when she woke up after the adrenaline of the night had worn off...  OWIEEE!!!!  So I took her to urgent care.  She has broken her tailbone and sprained her wrist.  But I learned a lot during our stay at the new Golisano Pediatric After Hours Center.  First of all, we arrived at 10:45am on a Sunday morning.  They didn't open until noon.  <sigh>  But the place was quiet and nice.  The people were outstanding and bent over backwards for Cassie, so I can't complain.  While we were waiting, they even had a TV that she could choose from different shows.  She chose "Thats So Raven".  But we did have to hit the reality that we were at a hospital in the city.

Cassie was in getting her Xrays and I was sitting in the hall, talking to my LeeAnne on the phone, when they brought him in.  The "they" were 2 big cops.  The "him" was the dude with the messy hair who was wearing handcuffs.  I was so glad Cassie wasn't out there at that moment.  The girl, trying so hard to be brave, while being in discomfort, watching 2 cops coming in with a "Perp", would really have lost it.

Oh, and the many times I end up with some member of my family in Urgent Care, who's name is really an oxymoron, you'd think I'd remember to bring snacks.  By the time 1:30 hit, the only thing keeping me from running out of the room, hollering "SOMEONE GET ME A SAMMICH!!!!" was the fact that Cassie was also whining that she was hungry, and I didn't want to share a sandwich.  But, they did give her a red Popsicle!!

And I've also found out that there is nothing cuter than Cassie, saying in many different voices "I broke my Coccyx!" adding that coccyx is a funny word.  But, as she explained to Daddy, it wasn't her fault.  See, she was stressed and over excited and she got distracted, which made her fall and bounce on the stairs.  See why I love this child?  She didn't blame ME, either!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment