Monday, August 12, 2013

How Was My Day? SERIOUS?!?!

Whew!  I'm so glad today is over.  I knew I had a lot of running around to do, even to some new places I'd never been.  I wasn't worried.  I have....  wait for it....  MY NEW GARMIN!!!!  I'll never get lost again!!!  I've had it for 6 days, and I'm already confident it will get me ANYWHERE!!!!

Yep.  I can go anywhere and not get lost.  Ever again.

Liar.

See, I needed to go to 1001 W Fayette Street, suite 5B for some stupid mandatory meeting because Cassie has been labeled as a person with a disability.  They needed to pile 1,000 people into a tiny little room with no air conditioning to tell us that because we/our children/our next door neighbor has been deemed a person with a disability, we have a right to services.  Those services are based on individual need and they couldn't go into specifics today, but we had to go to be told this.

Anyways, I put the address in my Garmin and take off.  There was NO building at 1001 E Fayette Street.  I called Robert in a panic, and I made him look it up on his smart phone.  It was 1001 WEST Fayette Street.  I went to put it in my Garmin, and guess what?  IT BROUGHT UP EAST AGAIN!!!  I'm getting close to being late, but my Garmin said I can still make it.  I finally got it to go to WEST Fayette St, and headed completely across the City of Syracuse.  And found 1005 W. Fayette Street.  I gave up and parked there.  Wandered around and found it....  about a block away from where I parked.  (Please look up past blogs to see how well I walk long distances....)  Even though I was barely on time, I was so happy that I found the place!!!  I walked straight to the elevator.  There were two other women with me.  I needed the 5th floor.  I pressed the button.  The woman who came in before me pressed the 4th button.  The lady who came in after me needed the 5th floor, too.  And there we stood.  And waited.  And pressed more buttons and after I got violent with the "Close Door" button, they realized it was broken.  <sigh>  Only thing left to do.

I have 14 stairs that lead from my living room to my bedroom.  I can't make it up there without resting.  I'm not listing the symptoms, but its not happy.  Five flights.  FIVE QUACK-EN FLIGHTS OF STAIRS!!!  No, I didn't count them, so I dont know how many steps in a flight.  I only know that it took me 15 minutes.  FIFTEEN QUACK-EN MINUTES!!!!!

BUT THE GOOD NEWS!!!!  I got to spend 15 LESS minutes in the sauna being told that they are changing the way they are getting services to disabled people, but they aren't sure HOW different it will be and that we probably wont even notice there is a difference since we are all fairly new to the process, which is why we were there today.  <sigh>   When I was done, an hour and 10 minutes earlier than expected, the elevator was fixed, so I got to ride down, walk the block and a half to my car.

With an hour and 1/2 to kill until my next appointment, and no place to take a nap, I did what anyone would expect me to do.  I went and got an ice cream.  AND I didn't get one for my Garmin.  Maybe next time Garmin will behave herself.  Oh, and Garmin, its pronounced JAMESville, not Jam -ES-ville!  Keep this crap up and you are going back!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment