Friday, August 9, 2013

Turning Things Around

Finished eating and waiting for the rain to stop!
I've spent my whole life waiting.  It really hasn't done me any good.  Remember, in the blink of an eye, things can change.  So, I got to thinking.  What if, instead of just knocking me on my butt, my Chiari/CCI/EDS trio killed me?  Hey, its possible.  It has happened to some before me, but I dont like to mention that too much.  It scares too many family members.  HOWEVER, I got to thinking about what would be thought of and remembered.  "She was really good at stupid computer games."  "She had a way of making us laugh."  "She loved us, but she really didn't like to do anything".  Well, now, THAT wont work for me!  Yes, they are nice things, but is it really what I want to be remembered for?  Well, I decided to change things.

You can't see it, but its pouring.
But I wanted you to see what we watched for over an hour....
Robert was offered free tickets to a local "minors" baseball game.  I usually tell them to go without me.  This time I went and showed Rob and Cassie what baseball games should be like!!!!  So, first we got food and headed to the stands.  Please keep in mind, there are stairs.  I thought I was going to die, but I didn't!!  We sat in the rain eating our food staring at a covered field for about an hour.  Then they uncovered the field, the rain stopped, and I explained to Cassie what the programs were for.

First of all, I told her, "See this place with all the boxed?  It has Name and then boxes numbered 1-10?  You write the player's name there.... and then you rate them on how cute they are by putting an "X" in the proper number."  From there it only got better.  Oh, and I think the other team's hometown heard Pitman when he laughed at that one.

There was a few really scary parts, like when the one batter from the other team tried to kill me with a foul ball.  Rob was no use.  I ducked, he yelled "GO GET IT!!!"  and I just looked at him.

It stopped raining and we got to see 3 innings!!
I didn't care for the pitcher for the other team, but I got used to his style.  "Ok, Cassie....  now he lays the egg, brings it up to his face, hiding it from the batter, and sniffs it........  then he THROWS IT AT THE BATTER!!!"     I have to admit, it was a very joyous 3 hours, even if we only got to see 3 innings.  And it was very educational!!  For instance, did you know that Dippin Dots closes at the NBT Alliance Stadium after the 1st inning?  Neither did I.  I still owe Cassie some Dippin Dots.  And when she gets them, I'll bring up the baseball game, and we'll be able to remember the whole night all over again!!!

I'm thinking I like this new leaf I've turned over.  Even if I can barely move today.  Yeah, it was worth it.  I wonder what our next adventure will be!

I like swing sets
my butt will fit on.
Oh, PS...  I know it doesn't fit in, but my Mom wanted me to post this picture here of when I was healthy.  This is also how I want to be remembered.  Even as I sit here now, with my body less than happy, this is the person I feel like I still am.  The fun loving dork who'll do anything on the spur of the moment and embrace any adventure that comes her way!!


No comments:

Post a Comment