Saturday, August 31, 2013

Lisa vs the Garmon

I would like to know why I got a Garmon.  We've been together for less than a month and we already have a love/hate relationship going on.  Garmon loves to screw with me, and I hate Garmon.

For instance, the other day Cassie and I took a special girl to an SPCA volunteer orientation.  On the way back to her apartment, Garmon said "Take this exit.... this exit!!  TAKE IT!!!!" So, I took the exit, got to the end of the ramp, and Garmon said "Make a UTurn".  Well, Cassie and Samantha almost pee-ed themselves.  However, I'm the adult, and I need to make a good example, so I comply with Garmon and do a Uturn.  Do you know that when Garmon tells you to take a U-turn, causing some awesome young ladies to wet themselves in your car, when you say "Ok" and then pull the U-ey, said girls will then start laughing HARDER?

Excuse me, ladies, what is so funny?  I still don't know.  They couldn't breathe let alone talk.  The good news is that we got Sam back to her apartment, and Cassie and I got ourselves home.

Which brings us back to the SPCA Orientation.  So, we stayed.  Oh, and when I say "we", I mean I said "Hey, Cassie!!!  Lets STAY" and she said no.  So we stayed and did the orientation, also.  I found out a few interesting things!!!  You know those really sad commercials that has made it so you can not listen to certain songs anymore because all you see is sad, caged, sickly animals?  Did you know that when you donate money TO that organization that your local SPCA sees NONE of it?  That is correct!!!!  PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!  Mostly ALL charities are money makers for a select few, and they are usually NOT the people they are claiming to help.  Do yourself and your community a favor.  If you want to donate to help animals, do it locally.  If you want to donate to the poor, do it locally.  If you want to donate to Autism, do it locally.  If you want to donate to Chiari, click the link on the top of my blog or come to the benefit my mom is throwing for me.  <hehehehe  Shameless Plug>.

I also found out that I'm doing something right!!  Cassie kept saying "I'm not volunteering" and I kept saying "OK".  By the end of the orientation, Cassie had picked up 2 applications and she and Sam decided that we will start by volunteering on Tuesday mornings, and if that goes well, we may add in more days.  <grin>  So, we have now added more to our schooling, resume building, and starting to building empathy for others!!!  I'm following NYS Ed rules, common sense, AND Paul's request to get Cassie to see the world outside herself!!!!!  Yeah, I think I'm getting pretty good at this mom thing.  Not bad since I've been at it almost 26 years, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment