Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Words of Wisdom

I needed a picture for my blog,
so I added this one.
I want this as my next tat!!!
I'm sorry if your are tired of hearing about my illnesses, but I find I must blog about it once again.  But, trust me, its more than me whining.  Chiari is a rare and mis-understood illness.  So, I've joined a group of people, we call ourselves Chiarians (Key are ee ans).  I hope we dont have a secret handshake, because nobody has taught it to me.  Recently, we have lost another of our brethren.  We call them Chiari Angels.  Many Chiarians have gone to the Lord before this one, but this is a special story, and its making its rounds.  You can read about it here:  Mother receives kidney after son's death.  In the comments you can see from the mother's comments that her son died during surgery.  The one who went before that, beautiful lady, I forget her age, I couldn't find out exactly what she died of. Most usually its from sleep apnea, coronary problems, or strokes.  I've known from the get-go of this diagnosis that death can be involved.  I've just decided that wasn't an option.  So why do I bring it up?

Another beautiful Chiarian in my favorite Facebook
group posted this: "With all the "chiari angel" posts it makes me nervous. I'm 22 and just had my decompression. Am I going to die?"

This broke my heart.  I'm 46.  I can NOT imagine going through this at 22.  I had to reply.  I told her,  "Oh, Honey, we will all die sometime. We might get hit by a beer truck, we might be in another 9/11, or we might die of real rough sex when we are 90, but we will all die. Yes, it might be from complications from the Chiari. We can not walk around worrying about it, but instead must life life the the fullest. I'd rather die doing something fun than sitting home, longing for life."

I'm so glad she doesn't know me.  She'd be sitting there hollering "HYPOCRITE!!!!"  But I am getting so much more life-grabbing than I have been in the past few months!!  Yesterday, I even went to a Craft Store all by myself!!  Hey, it may not be YOUR idea of living life to its fullest, but my life has always been a bit odd!  Its all good.  I like it like that!


No comments:

Post a Comment