Monday, March 24, 2014

An Unexpected Road Sign on My Stroll Down Memory Lane....

I am diligently working on getting millions of pictures, most I do not even remember taking, scanned into my computer.  This has been a very interesting stroll down the proverbial memory lane, because there is no rhyme or reason to the sequence I'm coming across them.  Except this box I'm doing now.  See, I did try to become organized at one point and time and actually put pictures in almost time sequence, in photo shoe-type boxes, with labels!!!  This has freed my mind up to continue with this very mind numbing process.

Which gives my mind lots of time to think, when I'm not trying to figure out which baby this is in the picture by looking at the surroundings.
Mystery Baby #1

First, when I was growing up, I would ask my mom who were in old pictures.  It really amazed me that she could tell all these babies apart, just by looking at them!!!  Hell, all the bald Mr. Magoos look alike to me, INCLUDING my own children!!  (Once again, I have NEVER claimed to be a good mother.)  Somewhere, before I finished my first box of photos, I realized that I had the same gift my mother did!!!!  I know how to FAKE IT now!!!! Take Mystery Baby #1 pictured to the right.  I can look at the head garter the baby is wearing,  the chair the baby is sacked out in, with the white column in the background, and BAM!!!  This is LeeAnne!!!! 

Mystery Baby #2
Now, Mystery Baby #2, is on a blanket with red piping.  The beautiful wall paper in this kitchen, that has scarred me for life, shows that this is the Clayville house, where Mystery Baby #1 was also photographed.  Also, my mother is in the picture, and she doesn't appear to be heckling me, so she must be helping me.  So, I can deduce that this baby is my Steve.

Mystery Baby #3
So, Mystery Baby #3, it could be tricky to some, but I've gotten good at this.  The material of the seat is cloth, and I'm wearing a TShirt commemorating Tony Stewart racing in the Coca-Cola 600 and the Indy 500 in the same day.  BINGO!!!!  Must be Cassie, who was born later that year!!!  See?  I'm a natural!!!
both

The second thing I realized is that I feel sorry for my ex-husband.  I have never considered that before.  I have loved the man, disliked him, feared him, hated him, laughed at him, but I never felt sorry for him.  But its true.  I'm watching my children growing up AGAIN through these pictures.  Now, even if I sent them all to him, he could see them growing up, but he wouldn't be able to know the FEELINGS behind Steve in front of the Christmas tree in his suit going to the Christmas Ball, or LeeAnne sitting on a rock & playing pool on a Youth Group trip.  Or either of them at their graduation.  I really couldn't imagine missing out on ever the smallest memories.  Decorating Christmas cookies, fooling around with cousins, playing with your baby sister, racing Slinky's down the staircase, carving pumpkins, birthday parties.  I truly hope he was able to enjoy those moments with his step daughters, as Rob enjoyed all three of our kids.  

Halloween 2000
The third thing I'd like to reveal is that I think I may have a problem.  I never really thought of myself as a shutter bug, but there are definitely FAR too many pictures of my kids!!!!  I swear that the first kid that whines that I didn't take as many pictures of them as I did their siblings will have an entire Facebook Photo Album dedicated to their worst photogenic moments!  Tomorrow I will open up the 2nd labeled shoe box, scan another 300 photos, and relive another 2 years of memories.  As  do it, I'll continue thanking the Lord for all he has given me through the years.  I truly have been blessed.







No comments:

Post a Comment