Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Oh Man!! Me and My Projects!!

I have a problem.  And addiction of sorts.  I like projects.  I like projects, challenges, and trying to master the impossible.  My Mother once told my ex that the fastest way to get me to do something is to tell me I can't do it.  Well, THAT backfired, because I may be a bit of a hard head, but I'm not stupid!

Steve has always been quite the artist!
Why is this a problem?  Well, when I get into a project, I forget to do other things.  That includes eat, sleep, and go to the bathroom.  When I was not yet a Mom, it was cool!!!  Yes, it was embarrassing to call the ER at 3:30 in the morning to ask the procedure for freeing my fingers that I had accidentally super glued together, but it was still cool.  Now that I'm a Mom, though, I have to watch it.  My habit of immersing myself in a project needs to be monitored.

See, somehow, in my 46 years of life, I have amassed 8 boxes of photographs.  Some I haven't seen in about 20 years.  I am taking these pictures and scanning them into electronic media.  There is one box that the outside is severely damaged due to the fact I've lived in some places that didn't have the best places to store things.  I'm hoping I haven't lost all the memories in that box.  Heck, its so old I'm hoping I actually remember the memories hiding in that box! 

And LeeAnne has her way with words!
I finished the first box yesterday and found some interesting things that weren't photos.  Old report cards of my older kids, LeeAnne's writing journals from elementary school and a $50 savings bond, a whole newspaper that I actually read through to see if I could figure out why I saved it (I couldn't figure that out), a few things from Steve's schooling past that says he loves me because I feed him, as well as a little booklet about his pet penguin. 

But I also found a few things I don't know what to do with.  I have 2 butt ugly pictures of my ex-husband, both from when we weren't even together!  I have no clue how these even came into my possession!!  I also found some pictures of a very happy time in my past, but the other couple has recently separated, and its not a happy break up.  Then there are all the blurry trees, sunsets on the lake, and campfires of unidentifiable timelines that look just like every other blurry tree, sunset on the lake, and campfire.  Oh, and a piece of Korean currency, a $2 bill, and 3 baseball cards.

Misc. Surprises
Yes, that was all in the first box.  Today I will START box #2, but I'll do things differently.  I will drink water.  I will potty regularly.  I will continue NOT eating, unless it is meal time, 'cause not snacking is a good thing.  I will do school with Cassie, because I can't do 2 weeks worth of "Utilizing computer hard and soft ware for a photography project" and expect the state not to question me.  Ok, so lets get going!!!!

Oh, and by the way, the ER laughed at me when I asked them, and they nicely told me that fingernail polish remover would do the trick, and if I didn't have any that I could come in and they'd help me out.  I think they just wanted to laugh at me in person.



No comments:

Post a Comment