Monday, August 22, 2011

Beginning a New Chapter...

In my attempt to find myself, I have to push my self to do things I've always wanted to do to see if I really want to do them, or if its only a fantasy.  For instance, I need to make my own tortillas chips.  I wouldn't even let the family buy any on our last shopping trip. I figured how hard can it be, right?  Get a recipe, make some tortilla shells, cut into triangles, and bake until crisp.  BINGO!  Home made numminess.  But that's not what we are focusing on today, because today I took a different step.

I've never been an in shape, athletic kind of girl.  I went out for track in High School and the coach admired my attitude and dedication!  She even said to the rest of the team, "LOOK AT LISA!!!  She hasn't earned ONE point towards her Letter, but she's at EVERY PRACTICE!!!"  I don't remember if this was before or after I accidentally hit her with the disc... but you get the idea.  Me & athletics, NOT a good match.  Not to mention, I used to be breastically enhanced, which is not conducive to any kind of sport except jello wrestling. 

While my breasts may be more suitable to athletic endeavors, the rest of me isn't.  I'm fat.  Plain and simple.  Not fat enough for my husband's company to approve Gastric Bypass, but I'm still on the OTHER SIDE of fluffy, but not "Damn" and definitely not "OH HELL NO!!!!".  But I'm enroute to changing that.  And today I took the 2nd step.  First step was eating less, next step is moving more.  So, I took my family down to the local "Fleet Feet" store and signed us up to LEARN TO RUN!!!  Yes, they are really happy about this (sarcasm, they are just humoring me, but I'll take advantage of that).  If you want to check it out, here it is:  http://www.fleetfeetsyracuse.com/Training/index.htm.

I won't lie.  I'm scared to death.  Well, I'm scared that I'm so out of shape I may die.  But having gone through all the tests for the Gastric Bypass Surgery, I know I'm actually healthy enough to, well, get healthy.  The information night (and special shopping time) is this Thursday.  I'm certain y'all be hearing a lot about this, and it should be interesting since Pitman and Cassie will be doing it too!!

So, let the betting begin!!!  How many days into the training will it take for Pitman to hurt himself or for Cassie to say "But I dont WANNA!!!" 

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Both funny and sincere and I'm behind you 100%! And yes, the folks at Fleet Feet are indeed that happy that y'all signed up. It's genuine and not sarcastic at all. They want to share the joy they have found running and living a fun, healthy lifestyle. Love you Big Sister! Can't wait to hear more!!!

    ReplyDelete