Sunday, August 21, 2011

"You GOTTA Blog THIS!!!"


Yes, my friends, its been a few days.  Did I forget?  Oh gosh, no!!  Its just that my Mommy always told me if I can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.  I just spent the day with my Mommy.  I love my Mom, I really do.  But she is a Mom.  We were supposed to stay for dinner, but I couldn't handle my family any more.  Cassie was getting more and more wound and was about to break out into one of her loud made for Broadway productions, and Pitman was eyeing everything in her house and drooling.  When he started calling over her dogs, I knew it was time to leave.

Towards the end, when I was worrying only about getting out of there before Cassie ate all her cream cheese, and I was watching a swarm of bees enter their back porched in area (my Dad ticked off about 452 nests while re-siding the house to make it warmer for the winter, yes, we winterize around here in August), my Mom hits me with "YOU GOTTA BLOG ABOUT THIS DAY!!!!"  Wow.  Really?  I wont remember half the crap by the time I get home.  Besides this is every day to me.

Except maybe the anatomically correct corn husk dolls that Cassie and Grandma made.  Yeah, it was SUPPOSED to be a girl, but one little husk in the middle kept sticking out.  It went down hill from there.  And Cassie saying "This one is simply AWFUL!!!  I'll give it to Mommy".  And one for Daddy that she has directed me to watch him closely to make sure he doesn't throw it away.  Here they are, aren't they cute?



But, alas, I had to escape before the natives got too restless, and Grandma will have to make her own.  I just hope she remembers to finally READ the instructions and soak the husks in warm water before doing it.  Oh, and I hope she can do it, because she wont have Cassie there hollering "DADDY!!!  GIMME A FINGER!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment