Sunday, August 14, 2011

Is it a felony to beat your husband with a zucchini?

Who would think that a day home with the family would be so boring and frustrating and at the same time leave you with lots of laughter? 

Because of finances, we had to miss what would be our inauguration to Scottish Games.   Knowing all my friends were going bummed me a bit, but I was ok with the decision, and had 273 zucchinis the size of watermelons (Thanks Mom... and I thought I was the favorite.) that had to be processed.  Ok, I might be over exaggerating a bit.  Maybe the size of 1/2 watermelons.  So I chopped, shredded, bagged and froze all day.  My family wont starve, that's for sure.  Too bad they dont LIKE zucchini!  So, I'm thinking of pureeing the zucchini, adding it to the ricotta cheese and making stuffed manicotti, lasagna, & calzones.  Think they'll notice?  I will let you know how many dishes I can sneak zucchini into, because I know my Mom's garden is still puking them and I'll end up with more.

So, after this very busy zucchini filled day, Hubby and I were talking about the fact it will rain for the next few days.  It went like this:

Hubby:  I should have mowed the lawn today.
Me: Well, you were busy.  You had to watch the Little League world series, a few movies, then the soccer game and now you have to go watch the foot ball game. 
Hubby: Yeah (looking sheepish)
Me: It really sucks being you, Pitman.  Its not easy in the least.
Hubby: No, its not.  (pause)  You couldn't do it.

He's right.  There is no way in hell I could sit around all day and not do a darned thing.  I admitted to him that he's right, I couldn't do it.  And he reminded me that he can't do what I do, and thats why we make such a good team.  At that moment I realized what I was going to do with that last zucchini I have sitting on my table.  Pitman better learn to duck, REAL QUICK.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Pitman..... he's lucky he wasn't bending over at the time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe I still have that zucchini on my table, though.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. very good. But I am sure you could have thought of some other place to put the Zucchini. Throwing it adds a possibility of missing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does anyone actually like zuchini??

    ReplyDelete