Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Outlet Mall

WooHoo, right?  Well, for most people, maybe.  Me?  I'm not a shopper.  It gets more fun when you take my mom, me, and my daughter, Cassie, and send us to the mall.  The mission?  Buy 2 shirts, 2 pair of pants, and some Crazy Socks for Cassie to go back to school.  Why the socks?  Family tradition.  I'm not so much into the crazy socks as my Mom and my girls.  I think the crazy sock fettish skipped a generation.  But I agree that the pants and the shirts are needed.  Since my hubby was on strike, my mom felt the need to help, and I couldn't say no.  It makes her feel better.  We didn't get any pants, she is in-between-sizes and its hard to fit her.  But we did get the shirts and the all important socks.  Like 60 pairs, but we have socks.

Have I mentioned that Cassie is on the Autism Spectrum?  If you aren't familiar with it, she is classic in that she takes everything very literal.  She's still upset we didn't get 2 pairs of pants, but she did have a good time.  We all did.  It started when my mom showed up, we were standing in the driveway, and Cassie says "I got in the shower this morning, Nana!!!"  Nana told her a while ago that she had to go freshly showered, and so Cassie was.  But, so was Grandma, who came at Cassie, armpit bared, saying she did to, wanna check?  "Nana, NO!!!!  We have a neighborhood WATCH here!!!"  Now, I knew she was "very interested" about the neighborhood watch, but now I realize that she believes that all the neighbors are watching all the time, to make sure we are... well, I have no idea what she thinks they are watching for, but they are watching.

All in all, we laughed all day.  Like when I was on the phone and my mom pretended to see how a thong would look on my fat butt, causing Cassie to laugh & snort water out her nose and all over me.  Or when Grandma kept talking about (and showing us all) the new bra she was wearing.  Or when Grandma squeezed a rubber chicken and it squirted stuff all over her.  Or even when I jumped in the Dumbo the Elephant ride and it wouldn't take just one quarter.  But, as I explained to my mom, there are somethings you cant capture in a blog.  Like Cassie humming "Happy Birthday" while showing Grandma HER new colorful bra, or how hard we laughed when Cassie tried to sing "BINGO" in her own, special tune. 

I guess I'm just saying that blogging is fun, and it'll be a great tool to look back and remember, but I am so sorry I do not have the ability to include all of you in every aspect of my journey... or the journey Cassie has begun in her wish to "get to know" her Nana better.  I think it was a success, or at least WOULD be if we could get the woman to understand the proper way to play I-Spy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment