Monday, August 15, 2011

My 4th Child

So, I was processing zucchini, and like most mothers, I heard the famous argument coming from the livingroom. 

Girl:  Cant we watch my shows now?
Boy: No.
Girl:  But you've watched yours shows all afternoon!!
Boy: And you watched your shows all morning.
Girl: But that was HOURS AGO, this isn't FAIR!!  I'm gonna tell MOM!!!
Boy: Dont bother Mom, just go play.
Girl:  MOMMY!!!!!  DADDY IS HOGGING THE TV AGAIN!!!!!
Mom: ROBERT!!  LET HER WATCH HER SHOWS!!  You've been watching sports all day!!!
Boy: I told you not to bother Mom.  FINE!!

Ok, so maybe its not as typical as most mothers are used to, but its one I hear a lot.  More so now that the Hubby is on strike and is home far too much.  I do worry about him, though.  Mainly because it seems he only goes to the bathroom when I ask him to do something.  We've been married 12 years now, and I never realized he doesn't know when to urinate without being prompted to get up.  "Honey, Can you check the chicken on the grill?"  "Sure, but let me pee first."  "Honey, can you empty the trash?"  "Sure, after I pee first."  Sits there, for hours, and the second I ask him to do something, he realizes he has to go.  I'm sure this is some normal male thing I just dont understand.  Kind of like Pavlov's Salivating Dog thing.  Man hears the word "Honey" and suddenly needs to urniate.  I may try this trick later today.  Even thought its Monday, I'm certain there is some sporting event on ESPN he'll watch.  Yesterday it was "The Cheese Roll" and a rock skipping competition. 

Yes, these two competitions were shown on ESPN just yesterday.  I know this, because the daughter went to ride her bike for two minutes and he changed her channel.  ("But, Daddy, its was MY turn to watch MY shows!!"  "Yes, but you left the room, so I win control over the remote").  It was just a little more interesting than the Scrabble game he was watching a few years back.  I could do a whole week blog on "Stupid Sports Shown On ESPN 1, 2, 3, 27, etc." 

I was about to finish, when one question popped into my head.  One I'm sure many women would like the answer to.  One I've never heard asked in polite society, but I'm willing to ask it.  I'm brave, or stupid, but here it goes:  Why are there so many ESPN channels and can someone please explain WHY they need to watch football games that were played 10 years ago?  We already know who wins, for crying out loud!!!  And they say women are impossible to understand.

Well, its time to get some work done, and I think I'll ask Hubby to do something.  Its been a while since he's visited the bathroom, and I dont want him to have an accident in his big boy pants.....

No comments:

Post a Comment