Wednesday, August 24, 2011

What do YOUR Undies look like?

Today I was going to talk about my day yesterday.  I was very domestic.  I'm talking homemade nummies using zucchini, cleaning, AND I made my own tortillas!!  Followed by a fun time with my friend Mo.  But something came up this morning that is very dear to my heart.  The Underwear Drawer.

So, its no surprise that Pitman and I have recently gone through a very trying time in our marriage.  I wont lie, we are still working on repairs, and we are working hard.  One of the things we found was a blog done by a Christian husband and wife team.  They email us daily little tips on how to be generous to one another, thereby blessing our marriage.  I get things from the wife, and you can see more about it here:  http://www.the-generous-wife.com/.  It truly amazes me, though, that the secret to inspiring your husband to be the best he can be is to have lots of sex and feed him good food.  Yep.  They know Pitman.

So, today's message was to get rid of your holey underwears, buy pretty ones, and throw a sachet in there.  I recently did this!!!  I got rid of all my embarassing ones, you know, the ones your mom said never to wear incase you were in an accident?  Yep.  Right in the trash!!!  And I got a package of 12 on sale because its back to school time.  Were they pretty?  Yes.  First all I could find were greenish in color.  I couldn't bring myself to purchase something that looked like they needed to be thrown away already, and I didn't want to go back to plain white.  (I've gotten dangerous as I've gotten older!!)  So I started to walk away.

On of the benefits of having a daughter who is OCD is she wont give up easily.  "Come on, Cassie, I dont like those"  "Wait, Mommy, I'm not done"  "Come ON, Cassie"  "HEY!!!  MOM!!!!  How about these?!?!?!"  The most beautiful purple hued package of Grannie Panties I've ever seen were dangling from her little hand.  "Oh, CASSIE!!!!  They are BEAUTIFUL!!!!"  "And, Mommy, they are your big size!!!!"  Gee, Cassie.  Thanks for bursting that Hallmark moment.  But, regardless, I got my beautiful undies!!  Ok, beautiful to ME.  I dont think you'll be seeing them on a Victoria's Secret billboard anytime soon! 

The sachet?  Well, no.  I didn't do that.  I really never understood making your undies smell good.  I mean, isn't that just screaming to perverts to break into your house to sniff your underwear drawer?  And if I go out in public I really dont want strangers coming up to me saying "Gee your panties smell terrific".  Yes, I'm posting this in a public blog, but my panties and I have a very intimate relationship!!! 

So, ladies, I challenge you!!!  YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!!  Toss out the old ones.  They are stretched out, holey, and the feel of new undies is a feeling second only to clean sheets!!!  While your at it, toss out your hubbies old ones, too!!!!!  And if he's been a good boy, buy him new!!!  If he's been a poopy head, remember, the drier must have eaten them.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha...
    interesting post.
    Now, I will keep my undies, holes and all, if they are still comfortable. I don't care if hubby likes them or not. I mean, they are going on my butt after all...

    ReplyDelete