Monday, March 5, 2012

And another thought provoking Facebook Share....

I'm sitting around waiting for a closing date.  Well, you need to understand when I say I'm sitting around the house, I mean I'm SITTING AROUND the house!!!  HAHAHAHAHA  old joke, but not what I was going to say.  I putter.  I get up, go to the kitchen, pick something up and put it away, and while I'm putting that away, I find something there to do and end up in another part of the house doing something else.  I guess its the housekeeping version of ADD.  But that's how I roll!!  (Ooops, I forgot I was never allowed to say that again.  Sorry, Kids)  Then I come back to the computer, check emails, Facebook, pop some bubbles (Bubble Witch Saga.... if you don't know what I'm talking about, don't look into it.  If you know what I'm talking about, send me a life).  I just finished cleaning the cat box, erased 2 emails, and went to Facebook.  That's when I saw it.  Today's Blog.


Very good question.  Yes, this runs parallel to yesterday's blog.  But its written and dated today, so its a new blog.  With a new blog comes new insights.  I had to ask myself if my excuses were more important than my dreams.  That's a tricky question.  See, I have LOTS of excuses.  I'm actually very good at excuses.  I'd never come up with something so lame as "My dog ate my dream".  Lets be serious.  I've had plenty of dogs. Some ate shoes, some ate CDs, some ate my sandwich.  Roscoe has done all these things.  When he was a puppy we had a strip of metal that we let him chew on... and he put dents in it.  But never EVER has one ate a dream.  Unless it was a dream of an Oreo, because Roscoe has eaten my cookies, too.  My excuses are more along the lines of anxiety. gas (intestinal), child care, Rob's a jerk, and financial.  But mostly all of those are lies.  I lie to myself quite a bit, and only lie to my friends and family when I'm too scared to do something.  So, excuses are plenty.  But are they more important than my dreams?

Knee jerk reaction would be to say "NO!"  But then I thought about the question and realized what the real problem was.  I have no dreams.  I'm not sure I ever really have had a "dream".  I give my self goals, and meet them most times, but not really a dream.  So, as soon as I move into my new home, my first "goal" will be to find a "dream" so I can answer the question I've posed today.  I need to know, how ever good or lame my excuses are, are they more important than that dream?

No comments:

Post a Comment