Saturday, March 3, 2012

Pretty vs Photogenic

Ok, I want to get something straight.  I am pretty.  No, really, I am!!  If you see me on a day where I get nicely dressed and do something with my hair, maybe apply a little make up, sometimes I'm down-right beautiful!!  Unfortunately there is no proof of this fact.  See, I am what you call Un-Photogenic.  There are many of us in the world.  Its an often unspoken about phenomenon.  Hell, taboo subjects like divorce, teen pregnancy, and mental illness in the 50's was open season for dinner talk compared to the hushness of the inability to look decent in a photograph.  My poor mother!!  How many times, when she was trying to find me a husband, did she have to say "Don't let the picture fool you, she's very pretty!!!"  I'm certain she also have me the kiss of death of "And she's got a GREAT personality!!"  Why am I so certain?  Because I do have a killer personality.  <grin>

So, why do I think I have a photo-deficit disorder?  Well, lets look at the facts.  People take pictures of themselves with their cell phones and they come out beautiful.  I do and you get:
People take candid shots of people doing stupid things, and they look, well, beautiful.  When people take shots of me doing something stupid you get a picture of me looking stupid, doing something stupid, like this:
And when people take pictures of themselves with their loved ones, they look like pretty people with their equally beautiful kids, except me.  The proof is in the pudding, or rather in the pictures, like these.

So, there you have it.  What it all boils down to is this is NOT what I see in the mirror in the morning.  It is NOT what I feel when I'm doing any of the things pictured.  So, I've decided I'm going to get some professional pictures done.  I also know who's going to do it.  After all the house hunting I've done, I've decided I'm getting a realtor to take my photos.  I mean, really!  Have you ever seen how they make the worst dumps look like the best houses every seen?  THAT is who I want taking my picture!

2 comments:

  1. hahahahaha! This is CLASSIC! You know, I've got so doosies of us...proof is in the pudding that it's a family affliction! Fantastic post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You take after me. And, you are right, I could never figure out how my beautiful little girl could take such horrible pictures. But you are also right, you are beautiful......both inside and out

    ReplyDelete