Thursday, March 29, 2012

Hodge Podge Kind of Life

I'm sure there are many, oh so many people out there who are a lot like me.  I don't know if I am ADHD, but I know my life is.  Take yesterday, for instance.  I decided that I was going to hang curtains.  I've done this many times in my life, and never had so much trouble.  I figured out the placement of the outer rods (that, in the living room, I don't have curtains for yet) and the inner rods for my sheers that I bought online from Pennys.  I was so good!  I marked and measured, and made sure it was level.  I wanted them in the wall so as not to mess up the pretty molding around the windows.  Then I have to put in the molly's and the screws.  No biggie, right?  WRONG!!!!  After an hour on the first bracket, I came to a few realizations.

My Pretty Dining Room Curtains.
Pitman hates them.
The first is that Pitman is a jerk.  Why?  He hung all the curtain rods up stairs in the span of about 3 minutes.  And he only cursed once.  And that wasn't even the "F" word.  Just a simple "Damn!".  I'm not proud, but at least I swore better than him in the hour I spent failing.  So, I did what any person in my situation would do, I called him to TELL him just what I thought.  He asked where I was trying to hang the curtains.  I told him up his ass.  So, anyways it comes out that when we was doing his Guinness Book of World Records curtain rod hanging, he was putting the rods INTO the molding I was trying to spare.  So I did what I had to.  I went into the wood molding.  Once again, I'm not proud, but I got it done.  There is something wrong about taking 3 hours to hang curtains.

Ugly Holes - my first
repair project.
The second realization is that my house is made of concrete.  Concrete is a kind of stone.  So, in the event of an invasion of Big Bad Wolves, I officially invite all of my little piggy friends to come over to survive all the huffing and the puffing.  I guess in 2012, those two words have completely different meanings, but that would be another blog.  Realization number three is that its a really good thing that I'm very good at repairing holes in walls and also that the seller left extra paint in my basement.  I will have to repair the holes.  But I must use Spackle instead of concrete.  But its all good.

All while I'm trying to hang the curtains from hell, I'm also doing laundry, picking up the house, gathering garbage because its Garbage Eve, doing the cat box, etc.  Then by 1:30 I'm dressed pretty and at the school for a meeting with Cassie's teachers.  It went a lot better than expected!!  I think we may be ok at this school, after all.

Transforming Dinner for $10 at Hannaford
2 years ago.  And Mom thought I was
silly.  That's a LOT of memories for $10.
We topped the day off with "Taco Night".  I swear my family is odd.  I'm certain that if I took all the fixings and threw them in the middle of the table, it would be "We had tacos for dinner".  Instead, I use this compartmentalized sombrero on a turntable, and suddenly "ITS TACO NIGHT!!!"  Its more dishes, but my new dishwasher washed the sombrero pieces better than any dishwasher we've ever owned!!  Now if I can just get the ice maker to, well.... make ice!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment