Sunday, April 29, 2012

ADM Spring Dinner

In case you didn't know, I am a Brother in a Fraternity.  No, I'm NOT a Sister, I am a Brother, and I have a ton of other Brother's, too....  a lot of them female.  I pledged Alpha Delta Mu in the spring of 1986.  Best decision of my life.  Many of the people I write about, hang out with, and love are part of this same Fraternal Organization.  As a matter of fact, when I married, I married my Brother.  We always laugh and say "Incest is Best".  We are a crude bunch, but I love them and I've always been able to be myself with them.  We offically get together three times a year.  This weekend is one of them.  It is our Spring Weekend.

My day started with taking Rob to the Annual Golf Tourney, so I could have the car for more important things.. like shopping with another Brother, who is staying with us for the weekend.  She brought Marley's new BFF, Gil.  Roscoe isn't happy that his little brother has a new BFF, but he's dealing.  So, Soo and I went shopping and bought new dresses.  We looked amazing!!
Me, looking all sorts
of amazing!

But before we could dress up, we had to decorate the firehouse.  We had some black and red (our colors) and white plastic table cloths, some "Crap Paper" as another friend and Brother, Laurie, likes to call it.  Oh, also a bolt of molting tulle and assorted colorful flowers.  We did the best we could.  The best was the centerpieces that Laurie made with these disgusting growing gel things, water, and candles.  That woman is amazing, but if I never touch another of those little gel balls, it'll be too soon.

After the dinner, we had our meeting, and we nominated officers for next year.  Once again I was nominated for Secretary.  I lost that election last year, and I'm thinking about withdrawing because I hate losing.  Especially an election, because that means people don't like me.  But I'm GOOD at that post!!  I have experience!! I have PAID experience!!!  And I'm good.  If only people would give me a chance to show how good I am at it.  I amaze myself.  Pitman was nominated for Vice President.  I'm expecting him to get all anxious and withdraw.  He shouldn't.  He doesn't give himself enough credit!  I nominated Soo for president.  I think she'd be amazing and I hope the other brother's give her a chance.  Her ex-husband was president for a while....  we all know that she ended up doing a lot of his work, so she has experience.

We wrapped up the night by going to my friends (and Brother's) the Bibik's house for a rousing game of Sour Apples to Apples, where I kicked butt and won!!!!!  Today we have the Spring Picnic.  I'm making my Awesome Cole Slaw.  It will be amazing as always!!  I also plan on reading up on synonyms for the word "Amazing", so I stop using it so much.  Its getting a bit redundant in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment