Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter at The Pitman's!

Marley, The Easter Dachshund!!
As you ALL know, we've recently moved into the cutest Cape Cod in the world.  And today is Easter Sunday.  Now, I consider myself a Christian, and if you want to see me cry, give me a few moments to think of what happened on Good Friday to my Savior.  I get choked up just thinking about it.  (just one of those things you probably didn't know about me.)  If I ever decided to become an actress, and I needed to cry on command, with real tears, the story of the Crucifiction will do it faster than Walt Disney's Dumbo or Old Yeller.  Which is a good thing, I believe, because I really try to be a good Christian.  With all that being said, I also believe God has a good sense of humor, and if I can laugh at inappropriate things like all those idiots on America's Funniest Home Videos, than it can't be too wrong to laugh at really funny things, even if they are laughing at God.  Darn it, if God didn't like us to laugh, he wouldn't have given us Home Permanents or Big Bang Theory.  So, I laughed real hard at a few posts put up on this, the most holiest of Christian Holidays.  The first one being "So in honor of the holiday I will refrain from killing zombies. Ya know, just in case."  hehehehe  Then there is one I'm certain I will burn in hell for laughing so hard at:  "Today is the day that Jesus made a bunny that lays chocolate creme filled eggs. He also came up with the idea to mix peanut butter and chocolate. That guy sure is smart...Happy Easter".

Today we hosted the first family Holiday Dinner at our new home.  LeeAnne came in (in the middle of the night) for the main reason of "I haven't missed and Easter Egg Hunt yet, and I'm not about to start now!"  We were joined by both sets of parents.  What that means is that my "Dammed In-Laws" were in attendance, as were Rob's.  I'm very jealous of those people who love their in-laws and want to spend every spare moment with them.  I'm not one of those people, but I'm glad Rob is.  But Rob had his moments.  It was another one of those days where his Autism Diagnosis saved his life.  It happens a lot around here.  First off, he didn't want to get out of bed to hunt for eggs.  So, I thought to myself, "He woke up at 1:45 a-the-freakin-m to go to the Syracuse Bus Station, to wait an hour to bring you your baby girl!!  If you want to push it, he will get up, but he will be Mr. Grumpy Pants.  Which do you want?"  So, because lack of sleep makes it harder for those on the Spectrum, I chose to let him go.  He got up on his own, with plenty of time, and all was as happy as we could be under such circumstances.  But, the biggest thing came later, as I had gotten everything cooking and tried to jump in the shower before the "Damned In-Laws" showed up.  Please remember that things "Nero-Typical" (normal) just seem to know, usually have to be TAUGHT to those with Autism.

I must admit I forget this quite often.  Like the uncomfortable position I was put in today.  I have to admit I was thinking very colorful language that would have made a Sailor blush, as I sat naked on my toilet waiting for the damn parade to be over.  All this because I never thought to tell Robert that when people (his parents) come to our house for the first time, and I happen to be in the shower, it is perfectly ok to NOT give them the tour of the upstairs (where I am naked and in the shower) until I come down. I calmly brought this to his attention shortly after the tour group went away and I was able to get to my room and get dressed.  He tried to tell me he did it because they asked for the tour.  I made him promise that next time someone asks to be on the same floor where I am naked, that he'll say (and I made him repeat it to me), "Well, Lisa's in the shower, so we'll tour that area when she comes down. Can I get you something to drink while we wait?"  I certainly hope he learns this lesson a lot faster than the "We do not break wind in polite company" rule!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment