Friday, April 27, 2012

It's Not Always a Riot

There are times I need to be serious.  There are times when I need to blow off steam.  There are times I just need to scream.  Usually I just take a nap, but since I already had one today, I'll just fill you in on a decision I have made.  I have decided to homeschool Cassie.  I've been toying with it for many years.  "They" say I shouldn't.  Pitman feels I can't handle it.  Many people in my life feel this is a bad decision.  I'm sorry.  I feel its the only way.

I worked in a high school, and I saw what happens there.  I'm watched what public schools did to my two eldest, especially my lovely LeeAnne.  I'm now watching what its doing to my little Cassie.  People say "But what about the socialization?"  I'm thinking I don't really WANT her socializing with those she goes to school with.  In Liverpool it was a bunch of over-dramatic spoiled little Kardashian-wanna-bes.  Here I find out my little girl is starting to curse like a sailor and has plans on becoming a "Bad-Girl" just so she'll fit in.  

Instead of complaining without being able to offer a suggestion to fix it, I've decided just to do it myself.  Yeah, she may not spend a Friday Afternoon watching "Smurfs, The Movie", but is that such a bad thing?  I'm not really a Smurf Fan, anyways!  I'm actually getting excited.  I LOVED teaching my students when I was in Rondout!  There was nothing better than getting the lightbulb over their head when they understood what I was saying.  Also, while teaching Cassie I'll be learning, too!!  That means I'll be able to answer even MORE Jeopardy questions than before!!!  It will also make me more useful on the Trivia Dream Team I'm putting together to compete at local bars!!!  Oh, and I'm sure I'll be able to blog more, because I get most of my material from my dealings with Cassie and Robert, anyways!!!

Yes, I think this is the best all-around decision I've made in a while.

2 comments:

  1. You. Can. Do. This.

    Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I support you one hundred and ten percent. Put for the love of god, please proof read what you blog before you start telling the world you want to teach. Lol

    ReplyDelete