Monday, April 30, 2012

Road Trip!!

This morning I had the opportunity to spend a little one on one time with Robert.  It doesn't happen very often, which we both know is not a good thing.  But this morning we needed to get him to his truck, which Todd, my "Little Brother", fixed for us this weekend.  Let me tell you about Todd.  He is actually my step-brother, or would be if NY had a common-law marriage.  He is a real big guy and I think he could easily kick Pitman's ass.  And that is saying a LOT.  You'd understand if you know my husband!  But Todd is a teddy bear, and what any girl would like to have for a brother.  He is a lot like Les, in that I don't think I would have survived growing up with both of them in the same house without developing paranoid schizophrenia and a permanent tick.  But just like Les, he'd give you the shirt off his back if you needed it.  But he'd probably do something to it first that everyone would laugh about for years after he gave it to you!!  Since we've moved up to Central New York he's also become our mechanic.  Since he lives near my Mom, I have to stop by to see her each time we go over there.  Todd says if we don't, we'll be put on the list.  He's a little afraid since I didn't stop and see the folks when we were down Friday night.
I said it was a
BIG CHICKEN!

Anyway's, Robert and I brought Cassie to school and headed for breakfast.  We decided to go to Flo's Diner, Home of the 10cent Coffee.  It was pretty decent food.  Mom says the coffee sucks, but I enjoyed it, but since I only had 1 cup before I left the house, I was too desperate to be picky.  Pitman and I sat across the booth and stared into each other's eyes, and....... realized we had nothing to talk about.  I told him this was kind of sad and that since I didn't want to talk about sports, the weather, Cassie or autism, there was nothing to talk about.  So we stared into each others eyes some more and I lovingly said, "I did hear something about pink slime in meat....", he said he heard it was human remains.  I changed the subject.  As we went to leave, I saw there was a huge chicken.  I decided I wanted to remember this special day, and asked Pitman to take a picture of me with the big chicken.  We then continued on to Todd's house, got his truck and loaded it up with his stuff so he could head to the Lake House to spend the week trying to kill some turkeys.  As we were saying our good bye's, he said to me what all women desire to hear from the man in their lives.  "I'm gonna have to go to your mom's to poop, breakfast hit bottom".

I'm really thinking that maybe Robert & I need to take "Putting some Romance in your Marriage" classes.  We are both at a loss when it comes to that subject.  We can't blame only Pitman for this.  After all, I'm the one who got excited when I saw the Big Chicken!

2 comments:

  1. Let me work with him.. Romance will be back in your relationship soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..........ummmm that looks like a big "cock" or Rooster to me. :D
    Not that I know what a big 'cock' looks like these days :D HA!

    ReplyDelete