Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Even Super Heroes Screw Up Sometimes...

I am the Super Laundry Mom!!!!  I have my ever-present sidekick, Nummy-Num Girl by my side!!  I Somethings have changed since we found out about our Super Hero Abilities.  For one, Cassie aged 8 years, grew at least 20' and now says exactly which nummy-num she would like.  The fact she wants to eat all the time, that she loves pretty dresses, and sparklies are an intricate part of our lives are just some things that have not changed.

My LeeAnne put it perfectly one Christmas, while I was wrapping presents in really sparkly paper.  "Mom, did you know Glitter is known as the Herpes of the Craft World?"  Damn, LeeAnne, not only is that deep and true, but its one of the funniest things I've ever heard in my life!!!  And we have proof of this... all over every house we've ever lived in.  Heck, I'm sure we've left evidence in every house we ever visited!  And now, thanks to my Laundry Faux Pas, we will be spreading this shiny disease across Central New York!!!

See, Nummy-Num Girl needed to extend a dress for a (imaginary) part she was attending.  So we grabbed some sparkly fabric (is there really any other kind?) and she sewed on an extension.  Ok, so the dress is a pink and maroon stripped Crew-shirt type dress and the sparkly material is a baby blue, but she was the hit of her party!!!!  So, as all good Super Laundry Mom's do, I wash the dress.  I chose to put it in the "brights" load.  You know what else goes in the brights load?  Robert's bright red Verizon work shirts and his favorite shirt to wear under his karate gee.  I think you can guess where this is headed.

So, starting tomorrow, when you see Pitman, please do not laugh.  Just pretend its his stunning personality that is blinding you, and not the many sparklies that is now adorning his shirts as he goes out to spread love, peace, goodwill, telephone service and glitter throughout Central New York!!

No comments:

Post a Comment