Monday, April 16, 2012

Whew! That was a LONG Week!

Cassie went back to school today.  Thank God.  I remember when I was growing up, Spring Break lasted, what?  Fifteen, twenty minutes, tops?  Now-a-days, Spring Break lasts around a year and a half.  Summer Vacation is even worse.  I have decided that Cassie is going to summer camp.  I hope to get her signed up this week.  I love my daughter immensely, I just can't stand so much bonding time.  As a matter of fact, I'm starting to wonder if they ever really cut the umbilical cord.  Tonight is an Autism Support Group Meeting.  The same one I tried to go to last month.  Cassie is ready for it.  We've been practicing.  So, this morning she tells me that yes, she remembers, and she knows I'm going, and hopes I have a "World of Fun.... NOT!!!!"  She wasn't being her bitchy PMSing self, she was being my sweet, calm Cassie.  So I asked her why and she informs me "If you do not have fun, you will not want to go back, and we can stop this nonsense."  Wow.  That's one way to think of things, huh?  But I'm going.. if I don't melt first.  

It's hot.  There are certain things I cannot be expected to do when there is this kind of heat.  One of them is house work.  Not happening.  If I stand up and start to sweat, I'm sitting back down.  In front of the fan.  Another one is cook.  If Pitman wants to grill the pork chops I took out of the freezer, that's fine.  I have raw green beans we can eat with them.  If not, I'd rather he go get me an antipasto salad.  Why?  Because when its THIS hot out, that's all I want to eat.  And it has to be an antipasto salad.  Why?  Because I'm just like that.  Oh, and when I say its hot, I mean its hot.  Its so hot that I couldn't even take a nap!!  I'm so glad we decided to get the central air conditioning in the house.  That way I can clean and cook and make myself useful around here.  The third?  Well, there was a reason why a window AC unit has been in every house we've lived in until now.  But the central air will take care of that, too.  

So, I will leave you with my most recent recycling victory.    What do you get when you cross a nasty old lampshade on its way to the garbage, and some left over material?  

nasty old lampshade
left over material
A NEW CLOTHES PIN HANGER!!!  You know, one of those bags that hold your clothes pins when you hang laundry!!  Isn't it beautiful?


I'm hanging my laundry in STYLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment