Wednesday, December 14, 2011

12 Days to Go

Today was not my happiest day.  It all was because dealing with a headstrong pubescent menstruating daughter is NOT fun.  This morning it was one HUGE struggle.  She was bound and determined that she was NOT going to school.  So I told her that there are consequences to her decision, and that would be no tv, no computer, nothing.  She'd be sitting reading a real book the whole day.  So she tried her temperature, and when she didn't have one, she threw it against the wall.  So, we compromised.  She wanted a note to get out of gym and promised she'd go to karate without fighting.  So, I wrote the note.  Back to yesterday's post about not winning the Mother of the Year award, here is another reason why.  Her note stated: "Please excuse Cassie from Gym today. She wouldn't go to school until I wrote this note. Oh, and she's not feeling well."  See?  Does that sound like a good mom?  Anyways, she went to school and was only 5 minutes late.  I spent the rest of the day wrapping, lost track of time, and missed my much needed nap.  Its been 5 days since I've had a nap.  Its starting to show.  

Well, as soon as Cassie came home from school, we went to do her Christmas Shopping at the dollar store.  We got home the same time as Daddy, and I had to make dinner before Karate.  Mind you I'm tired, grumpy, and just took Cassie shopping, which is always a joy.  So, whats for dinner, Rob wants to know.  Something with chicken.  I dont want to make dinner, but I have to.  So I decide on chicken and rice.  Darn it... we are out of rice.   Rob is about to help, so I actually have to yell at him to get him out of my kitchen.  And the miracle of dinner begins.  As I got it to simmering, Rob asks what it is and I tell him I don't know.  He asks how it tastes and I explain I never taste when I cook.  He couldn't believe that.  I have a very unique cooking style.  He asked how I came up with it, and I told him.  I decided to share it with you.

Well, we had no rice so I figured I could make a cheese tortellini dish.  But we didn't have any of those, either.  But we did have mini ravioli, and confound it, they are basically the same thing.  So I cut up my chicken breasts and started to fry them up in butter.  I added in a green pepper and 4 cloves of garlic.  As that was frying, I decided I needed some kind of sauce.  So, into the cupboard I go and darn it!  I'm out of onion soup mix.  But I did buy a new "Onion and Mushroom Soup" mix, so I grab that.  Then I see a can of cream of mushroom soup and grab that.  SOUR CREAM!!!  Yep, I have some of that, too!!  I like cooking with sour cream.  I now throw the frozen raviolis in with the chicken & peppers and get out a separate container and mix the soup, the soup mix and the sour cream together.  Well, it looks awful thick, so I throw in some milk.  I add that to the chicken & raviolis, and stir.  Darn it!  Now it looks too runny!!  Well, I'll throw in some Parmesan cheese.  That'll thicken it!!  And it did.  Simmer it all together and tell everyone dinner is ready.  I told Rob he will eat it and he will like it because in the mood I'm in, he'd be scared not too.  How did it turn out?  Delicious!!  Cassie even went back for seconds, and that NEVER happens... unless its pizza.  The moral of this story?  Dont be afraid to try, especially if you have a husband who thinks you are a good cook!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment