Thursday, December 1, 2011

24 days to go...

So, we have a felt calendar that helps us count down to Christmas.  Its Cassie's job to move the star from day to day every morning.  She likes it, it gives her something to do.  So, this morning I go to wake her up.  This is always a fun job on school days.  I tell her she has an important job to do this morning.  She said she knows.  I ask what it is.  "GGRRrrroifth the thing."  You have to growl at the thing?  "Hehehehe I have to move the star thing."  Why do you have to do that, Cassie?  "BECAUSE ITS THE FIRST DAY OF CHRISTMAS!!!"

First the day after the 4th of July, retail stores start cramming Christmas Shopping down our throats.  Then they start playing Christmas music the day after Halloween.  Now I'm finding that instead of 12 Days of Christmas there are now 24.  That will make for one hell of a long song.  None the less, she put the star on December 1st.  Tonight we will do our first story and a chocolate a day until Christmas.  I filled the new calendar yesterday with 3 chocolates in each square.  I get to partake in the chocolate goodness each day, too!! 

So, I hope you all had a Merry First Day of Christmas!  I'll see you tomorrow!

2 comments: