Monday, December 5, 2011

21 Days to Go

So, to continue with our month long Christmas celebration, we did what all upstate New York people do this time of year.  No, we didn't shovel snow, it hasn't snowed up here enough for that yet.  No, we didn't put the plow & snow chains on the truck, we don't even have those things.  Will you PLEASE stop interrupting me?  I'm trying to blog here!!!

So, tonight we visited Onondaga Lake Park to drive through their "Lights on the Lake" display.  This is the opportunity to drive 2 miles through a lighted wonderland of Christmas and other themes.  They had the most beautiful nativity I've ever seen...  even if at first I did think that was Santa sitting on a camel causing me to be momentarily offended.  Rest assured, we counted those with hooked staffs, considered them shepherds, picked out Mary, Joseph and Jesus (he was easy to spot) leaving 2 that must have been kings on the ground so the thing on the camel HAD to be the 3rd king.  That is what you have to do with lighted displays.  And you cant look too closely, because it just makes you crazy trying to figure out the multitude of lights are really trying to depict.  I would still like someone to tell me what the blob in front of the Cowardly Lion was supposed to me. 

So, this is what we did today.  It was a very fun family outing, with Cassie all sorts of wound in the back seat, Rob and I arguing about how Cinderella's Carriage has always been a pumpkin, and the fact that it is being pulled by a unicorn has nothing to do with anything, its still Cinderella!  Oh, and in case you are wondering, some displays were not lit tonight.  There were also many blown light bulbs.  All this really made me feel good, considering today we lost another Candy Cane.  I wonder how Pitman will rearrange them this time so they don't look so bad.....

No comments:

Post a Comment