Sunday, December 18, 2011

8 Days to Go

We are at the point where Christmas is just a spit a way.  After the long ride home, and the decompression of a very successful weekend, I am at a loss.  This is one of the side effects of Autism.  Cassie really held it together well.  All the changes to the routines we have in place, which would turn many ASD kids into a bubbling pile of goo, she put aside into a special compartment in her brain.  I have found out that yes, we can take weekend vacations a lot easier than longer ones.  Because that compartment can only hold so much.  And then, when she gets home, I found out she needs to empty that compartment.  Its not an easy or pretty thing, but its a thing that needs to be done.

As I write this, I really just want to go to bed.  I know what I have to look forward to tomorrow.  Cassie has already informed me.  She will NOT get out of bed, she will NOT get in the shower, and she will NOT go to school for the one and only reason that she is never leaving this house again.  So, tomorrow will be fun as I prove that she WILL be doing all that she has vowed not to do.

But the best part of the weekend was watching my baby boy, Steve, achieve his dream.  I've been telling everyone how talented he is, and now the fact that he's been voted best in his class proves that I'm not totally biased!  But now I'm home and need to plan the last week before Christmas.  I have lots of baking, grocery shopping, menu planning and one file to transcribe.  And a Battle of the Wills with an 11 year old.  I'm thinking about stopping by the liquor store thinking all this will be easier with my buddy Jose Cuervo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment