Saturday, December 3, 2011

22 Days to Go

So, today we did it.  He was supposed to do it, but instead WE did it.  The outside is decorated for Christmas!!  I remember the old days, when I'd be outside, freezing my butt off, hanging lights around my trailer, and fighting with them daily.  Those were the days when I basically started my "Countdown To Christmas" blogs, even before there WAS blogging!!  No I dont have to do it all.  I can help my husband do it.  And if you think that is easier, you are probably wrong.

First we must decide HOW we are going to decorate.  I like the Griswald Family Christmas look.  Rob says he needs organization in his decorating.  I think we should just through all sorts of lights all over the place!!  The more & different the better!!!!  Rob said since he was in charge of decorating, we'll do it his way.  Well, I did sneak some twinkling net lights into the cart when he wasn't looking.  Yes, this was a mistake.

So he puts up the blow up snowman and the Nativity Scene.  Then I have to watch him rearrange the Nativity about 27 times.  Helping by saying things like "HEY, PITMAN!!!  The sheep don't need to be up the Shepherds butt!!!!"  And "What is this?  The AUTISTIC NATIVITY where everybody invades everyone else's bubbles?!?!?!  Spread 'em out!!"  So he waits until I go inside and fixes it again, and calls it done.  But my favorite part was after he got all the lights strung together.  Two net lights over the bushes, one net light over the top of the tree, followed by 3 more strands of lights, and the lights on top of the house, and they neatly end in one spot, awaiting the power.  Thats when I hear it the first time.  "HONEY!!!  We have a PROBLEM!!"  No, Pitman, we have no problems, just opportunities for greatness.  See, somehow, with all the stringing of the lights, there ended up not being one strand with the actual plug left to go into the extension cord.  Yep, Pitman was right, he had a problem.  So, we followed the wires and found the culprit.  "I'm going to have to take all these lights off the tree and re-do them."  Yep, Rob, and I hope you have fun with that.

That done, he plugs in the electric, and I hear it again!!  "HONEY!!!  We have a PROBLEM!!!"  <sigh>  Did they catch fire?  "Do you know the net lights we bought twinkle?"  Yes, dear, I told you that, and I was excited about it.  "Well, it probably would have been ok if I put both new nets on the bushes, and the other one on the tree.  Right now we have have the bush and the top of the tree twinkling.  I guess I'm going to have to move that around?"  You THINK?!?!?  <sigh>  So all in all, Rob hung lights on 3 trees and 5 bushes.....  and we only have 1 tree and 2 bushes.  He was just having so much fun that he did it over, and over, and over again.


But it was so worth it!!!  Until, when the lights turned on tonight, we noticed that our blow up snowman's light blew out. And only 1/2 the candy canes light up. And one of my big blowup lightbulb lights is deflated....  But I still think its beautiful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment