Wednesday, December 7, 2011

19 Days to Go

I have an important announcement this evening:

ITS DONE!!!  The Princess Dress for the Princess Party on Saturday has been completed!!  I would post a picture, but I dont want to spoil the surprise!!  I just hope nobody looks at her back..... I kind of messed up the zipper, tried to fix it, made it worse, etc.  <deep sigh of relief>    And now we will return to your Christmas Blog, already in progress....

So today I went a-Christmassing with my Mom.  I was expecting a lot to blog about, but she was strangely subdued.  She didn't even say a word when some woman pushed my cart out of the way to get past.  She did, however, make friends with about 5 women in the Baking Supply isle, where she also found the parchment paper she was looking for.  She ended up selling about 10 silicone oven liners for The Christmas Tree Store.  I think she should get a commission.  Oh, and we did take advantage of a photo op when we tried on some hats. 

Then we went out to lunch, where we felt really bad for this really pregnant waitress, and both over tipped.  They also had the cutest bus-boy, who would just stand there waiting for you to finish your plate so he can clear it.  It reminded me of the Chinese Buffet, where on occasion I've had to stab them with a fork when they've tried to clear my plate. 

All in all, it was a wonderful day with my Mom, one I will cherish for many years.  We don't usually have calm relaxing days.  Of course, the day I needed something exciting to happen to liven my blog, nothing did.  But I did buy Pitman 6 more lighted candy canes for the front yard, then I realized we had 7 candy canes blown out. 

1 comment:

  1. Mom looks VERY subdued....eyes half closed and everything. Did you slip her a "special" brownie?

    ReplyDelete