Tuesday, December 6, 2011

20 Days to Go....

I am in awe of my Mom.  See, she is done with all of her Christmas projects, and has moved on to baking.  She's planning on cleaning up her craft room so she can start wrapping.  Me?  HAHAHAHAHA  I put my Christmas projects (and there are not many of them) on hold to make a Princess Dress for a birthday party on Saturday.  I have probably one more day on it, but tomorrow I'm spending the day with Mom and probably wont be able to finish it.  But I'll try.  I just have sleeves and hemming to do.  So, whats so Christmassy about this post? 

I just said Christmas 4 times.  Isn't that enough to make this a Count Down to Christmas post?  No?  Ok, lets talk about Christmas Miracles!!!!  I had her try on the dress to see how short I had to hem it.....  AND IT FIT!!!!  All of my hodgepodging to expand the waist not only worked, but it looks good!!!  Until you look at the zipper.  If this was a REAL princess dress, I would have torn it out and done it over.  But I'm to the point I dont care.  Why?  Because my Mom is done with her projects, and I still have projects to do!!!  Christmas is sneaking up on me REAL QUICK and I'm starting to panic, but I can't even start to panic until this dress is done!!!!!

I already know whats going to happen.  I spent money and a TON of time on this dress, and she's going to wake up with the flu, or the mumps, or viral meningitis or something!!  If thats the case, I'm kidnapping some other kid to wear the dress and show off my work of art!!! 

Hopefully I'll have something more Holiday Themed to talk about tomorrow.  After all, I will be visiting the Christmas Tree Store with my Mom.  That should give me a week worth of materials!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment