Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Well, most of us have made it through the Holiday Season... but in all honesty, there is still another week ago.  We call it the Christmas Season, but it starts with Thanksgiving (or after Halloween, who are we kidding) and continues through New Years Day.  For instance, I am hosting Christmas with my mother and Sister tomorrow, and I'm scheduled to do Christmas with my in-laws on New Years Eve.

This year was the first one that my hubby and I didn't argue and I wasn't miserable.  I owe this all to his Autism diagnosis, the fact that there really are things he doesn't know or understand, and that we can actually talk about them and figure things out.  Our therapist, Cynthia, has helped us out tremendously in this area.  She says she loves us, loves watching us together working at this, and loves that we are working so hard.  Well, it seems like everyone around me is breaking up, and I really dont want that to happen to Pitman and I.  We've been through so much, and I truly believe the Lord wants us together until death do us part.  I wont like, sometimes I feel like speeding that deadline up a bit, but all in all, its a lot of fun.

Not fighting is not the only change in us this year.  See, if you remember, we just moved here, 4 hours away from where we were living, and so many traditions are having to be tweaked.  Today, for instance, instead of opening our presents and rushing out to Rob's Aunt Thelma's house, we stayed home and relaxed.  I even got in a Christmas Nap!!!  But Cassie wasn't so happy.  She missed the holiday atmosphere with extended family that she got with Aunt Thelma.  So, I guess next year I will need to have a larger Christmas Dinner and troll around the streets of Syracuse to find people to spend it with us.  We just wont warn the poor souls of my lack of cooking ability before we toss the burlap bags over their heads and shove them in the back of the truck....

But, as gifts are an important part of the day, I would like to tell you about the best gifts I got.  Rob got me a new winter coat!!!!   I wouldn't buy one, because I dont like spending that kind of money on myself.  BUT, I did need one.  Did I mention I'm living in Syracuse, New York, now?  Yes.  Cold + snow equals the need for a winter coat.  And its PERFECT!!!  Warm & not bulky!!!!  Its a "Nordic Track" and that even SOUNDS like it would be good in the snow!!!  I also got a wonderfully tacky light up Christmas Flamingo that I've had my eye on for a few years now!!!  She's beautiful!!!  And she was a gift from my beautiful daughter, LeeAnne, who knows her mommy so well!!!!  So I will continue to blog through the remainder of my Holiday Season, because now we also get to add in keeping my Cassie occupied during her winter break!!  Oh, THAT will be fun, especially since Santa Clause brought her a "Cats Cradle" string, and you need 2 people to play that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment