Wednesday, December 21, 2011

5 Days to Go

So, we realized that here we are, only a few days until Christmas, and we have no Christmas cookies.  I have failed as a mother.  Actually, I HAD made some cookies, but we ate and gave them all away.  So today I made more.  I ended up with 2 batches of NoBake cookies, that Rob doesn't like because there is too much oatmeal in them.  I also made 13 dozen Snickerdoodles.  I've taught Cassie that 12 x 12 equals 144, and that unit is called a "Gross".  So, what do you call 13 dozen?  A freakin' TON of SNICKERDOODLES!!!!  But Rob is happy.  He likes them.  No oatmeal, you know.  I also made a new recipe called "Tea Cakes".  They are also quite good.  They are basically a very buttery sugar cookie.  On Friday we are going to do the cut out cookies and then Cassie and I can spend Christmas Eve, while Daddy is at work, decorating them.  That'll help keep her occupied!

This morning, on Facebook, I saw the cutest thing.  Its "Deck the Halls" with stupid looking elves.  The best part is that you put in your own pictures on the elves, and it looks like your family is singing.  So I did it.  It came out perfect, and if you want a good laugh, you can check it out here:  http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/1UgeSvF9wvep6xZZ?cmpid=jj_fb_self_holidays

While I was baking my cookies, I was also finishing up my wrapping.  Put cookies in the oven, set timer, run down to the basement, wrap a present.  Run back up stair, get the next cookie sheet ready, take out the baked ones, put in the raw ones, set the timer, run down the stairs, get the paper ready, look for the scissors, find them, run back up stairs to check the time on the cookies, run back down to wrap the present, look for the tape, give up, run back upstairs.  Switch out the cookies sheets and run back down, tripping on the puppy who thinks this is a fun game, find the tape, tape up the present, run back up, trip over the other dog who can't be left out of the game, back down stairs, forgot to check the time, run back up.......

I think you get the idea.  Needless to say, here at quarter to 7pm, I have to very tired puppies.  So, only a few days left.  Tomorrow I have one last present I want to make in my craft room while Pitman wraps presents, and I need to stuff some dates.  But I think the most important goal I have for myself is to eat something other than Christmas Cookies the whole day.  Yeah, Christmas Cookies, not just for breakfast & lunch any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment