Sunday, December 25, 2011

There's only one more sleep til Christmas!!!

Merry Christmas Eve, my friends!!  It will be Christmas in 5 minutes.  As I'm typing this I have my girls (both of them!!!  LeeAnne came home for Christmas!!) all snuggled in their beds, in their new jammies (that I made them).  Its a tradition around out house that ever Christmas eve the kids get new jammies.  This year I made all the pants, in fleece, complete with pockets and a pink drawstring.  I chose each material to match the child.  I had to special order Steve's Philadelphia Phillies material, but I stumbled onto Dani's musical notes and Cassie's Peace & Love motif on purple back ground.  It took me a few stops to JoAnns to see what to make Miss LaneyLane, until I saw it.  Sitting there, being all perfect and such.  I got her a giraffe print!!!  It was magical.  As I didn't get to spend Christmas Eve with Steve and Dani, I don't have pictures of them.  But I'm happy to share my LeeAnne & Cassie with you!!!  Oh, and tomorrow when she's opening presents, Cassie will have a blanket that she loved, but got ruined by fingernail polish, all refurbished and sporting "appliques" of the jammie pants from her siblings.  I plan on explaining that I know how much she misses them, and this is a way to wrap herself up in thoughts of them.  She will either love it or be totally ticked I changed her favorite blanket.  I'm holding my breath on this one!!!!!  Oh, and why do they have pink drawstrings?  Well, pink is my favorite and signature color.  I figured that if they were missing me, they could see the pink drawstring on their warm fuzzies and remember that their Mommy loves them.

So, I spend the better part of my evening at my brothers.   Over Thanksgiving, my niece complained that there was no butter sculpture.  So I made her one for Christmas.  It came out very sweet!!!   I found out my sister, Hope, is not only beautiful, talented, and is looking fantastic, but she's also a freak when it comes to food.  See, she ended up getting a special plate to keep her food from touching.  I actually understand that and am strangely ok with it.  BUT, she actually got peeved when she licked the frosting from around a cookie and then tried to get me to take a bite, and I forcefully declined.  When she tried to argue that it was ok, we share the same spit, I threatened to make her food touch each other.  THAT shut her up!!!  But, no.  I do NOT do saliva well at all.  I dont like it.  It is gross.  Not just gross, but ewie gross!!

Well, its after midnight, so I must now say Merry Christmas!!!  It should be safe for Santa to come, and then I can go to bed.  I'm already looking forward to some coffee!!!  So, Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year,... but I'm sure we'll meet again before that date!  See, my Christmas wont be over this year until after New Years Eve, when I spend the day at our "Christmas Celebration" with my in-laws.  THAT blog may be a bit adult for young eyes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment