Friday, December 9, 2011

17 Days to Go

Steve on his LAST day of school!
So today I did what all mother's excitedly do once a year.  I finished my Christmas Shopping!!!!  It wasn't as easy as you'd think.  Me, a cart, a bank card, and Kmart.  Doesn't sound bad, but it was a very trying day.  It started with my oldest daughter calling me before I got in the store.  I miss her.  The call was fine, but it left me a little down.  Then I get my cart and start shopping, when I get a text.  Its my eldest, stating every year I made him pose for the first day of school pictures, so this one was on the house. It was him getting ready for his LAST day of school!!!!  That one made me tear up... tears of joy and pride!!  Thats when it happened....

I have inherited my gastrointestinal distress from my Mother.  Thanks, Mom, really appreciate it.  So, I roll my empty cart to the restroom hallway.  I begin my business and decide I need to text Pitman.  He loves me and likes it when I keep in touch.  So, I send him a short message.  "I'm poopin' in the Kmart!".  He shouldn't text and drive.  He laughed so hard he almost crashed his truck.  What really ticked me off is when I left the restroom.....  SOMEONE STOLE MY CART!!!  So, I went back to the front of the store, giving everyone dirty looks, and got a new cart.  

You know you've been in a store too long when you have to use their restroom twice.  So I'm looking at my full cart, complete with items that I really wanted that were the last on the self, and I'm wondering if I should take the chance.  I mean that cart was FULL and I could only imagine taking another 2 hours to fill up another one!  But I was getting very uncomfortable.  So, I caved, rushed, prayed, and when I ran out, what to my wondrous eyes should appear?  But a cart over flowing with Christmas Happiness!!!  So, I stop to pick up one thing for each of the in-laws, and off to the check out I go!!  I get to my car and think "I only have 1 bag?"  Went back in, and we found my other bag of stuff in another lady's cart.  "I'm so glad you came back in!!  I would have had to come all the way back to return it!!"  She was a sweet heart!!!!
This is the Lady that saved 


my Christmas.

I get home before Rob (who had to take a 1/2 day today because he's going to see Jeff Dunham tonight) and unload my car and put everything away.  It was then I realized it.  I was missing another bag!!  I called Kmart and they told me to bring in my receipt and they'll give everything everything I was missing.  Impossible.  Two of my favorite purchases were that LAST items of their kind in the store.  I told them we were coming back tonight, and that the woman might bring the stuff back.  When we arrived, I went to the service counter, and YES!!  A Christmas Miracle!!!  She brought back my bag!!!  

What have we learned?  Well, I may be full of shit, but there are still good people in the world!  I wish I could publicly thank her for saving my Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Many people don't act like that anymore. They seem to have forgotten even common courtesy, letting alone going out of their way like. Fantastic example of the Christmas spirit!!

    ReplyDelete