Saturday, December 17, 2011

9 Days to Go

I'm blogging to you, once again, from Philadelphia, PA!!  Yes, PA.  Not NY.  Sometimes in my family we debate the oddest things.  But this time the truth won out and Philly is, indeed, in PA.  We toured all morning long.  We ended up stopping for lunch at 5 Guys Burgers and Fries, because we needed a sense of normalcy for the little autistic one, and we needed to sit for a while because Rob's back was hurting him.  But we saw Betsy Ross's house, the Liberty Bell, a few small protest groups, Independence Hall and 2 souvenir shops.  My favorite was probably Betsy's house where I learned a lot.  First of all, she was NOT a seamstress.  She explained that she was an upholsterer, and actually, using modern terms, she was an Interior Designer.  She was also a very shrewd business woman, and had a very difficult life.  I think I need to do more research on her.  She also explained to us how to cut a 5-point star with only one snip of a pair of scissors.  She demonstrated for us, and gave the star to our Cassie!!!  She completely lost me, but I found the directions online!!  http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagstar.html This will explain it all to you.  Straight from the horses mouth, so to speak.  I however, felt an immediate loss.  Moments after she explained her life to us, and she gave Cassie the star, we left her humble home, only to walk across her yard where we found out she had died and was buried right there.  It was so sad.  She looked so good as we laughed together about how men could be, what seemed like seconds before.  And now she's gone.

But after we had lunch, we met up with Steve again, and we got to exchange Christmas presents.  He gave us these really cute "Do It Yourself" toys!!  He said he figured we could do it as a family during a craft time.  It looks like so much fun!!!  Steve also stressed that there is to be planning involved.  Therefore, I will also have to do some research to see what fun stuff we can do to these poor guys.  It seems like so much fun!!  We got a monkey, a hippo, and a cat-looking thing.  Pictured here is the monkey.  So, if you have any suggestions, or web pages I should check out, please let me know!  I'm sure I'll post pictures of our new little friends when we have them all done!!!

Well, tomorrow we head back to Central New York.  I've been told there is snow.  I'm sure it will stop by the time we get home, and be all gone.  See, I have a theory.  There is no snow in Syracuse because I moved there.  I leave for the weekend, and it snows.  So, when I return home, it will be gone.  I really dont care about it, but I know Pitman is really looking forward to a white Christmas.  I'm sure if he had to choose between me and a white Christmas, he'd choose me.  Besides, I'm the one who knows where all his presents are hidden.

No comments:

Post a Comment