Sunday, December 4, 2011

22 Days to Go

No, I didn't forget, I've been busy today.  Busy doing what, you ask?  Making Christmas Cookies?  More Elves vomiting decorations around the house?  Christmas Shopping?  Wrapping?  Nope.  None of that.  It was a decidedly NON-Christmas kind of day in the Pitman household.  Why is that?  Something very important has come up that is trumping my Christmas Time.

Next Saturday, we will be attending a Princess Birthday Party!!  Big deal you say?  Well, it IS  a big deal, when you have a little princess with NOTHING to wear!!  That's ok, SUPERMOM to the RESCUE!!  I have the pattern, I bought the material, and I have the SKILLZ!!!!  (I spelled it with a Z because that means I'm cool, dontcha know.)  But, you say, thats so EASY!!  Well, we all know I cant do ANYTHING easy.  So, looking the pattern, Cassie likes the top of this dress, with the bottom of that dress, and the sleeves of that dress over there.  But, I think it will look even more princess-ie if we added the bodice of that 4th dress.  So, instead of making one dress, I'm mushing 4 of them into one dress.  This is what I like about sewing.  This is why sewing is much better than going to the store and paying for a piece of crap dress made in a 3rd world country.  We pick the color, we pick the look, and then we have the challenge of making it look like it was professionally put together in a 3rd world country where some 10 year old is paid 25 cents a day and sews better than I can ever wish I could.  I really dont have talent.  What I have is stupidity.

I have more stupidity in my little finger than the average American has in their whole body!!  And this is PROOF!!!  Forty dollars and probably three days work to make a dress Cassie will wear once for 4 hours.  All in addition to the other crap I do on a regular basis, AND during the most stressful time of year!!  And whats even more crazy is the fact that I'm having a BLAST!!!!  I'm pretty sure the S on my chest stands more for Stupid than Super Mom!  Hey!!  Where's my sign?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment